Buy the Southern Chilcotin Mountains Guidebook and Map and get 10% OFF.
Buy two or three maps and get the Chilliwack West Map for FREE.
CANADA ORDERS ONLY.
NORTH SHORE TRAIL MAP 2nd Edition – FEATURES & INFO
The most accurate and detailed topographic trail map produced for the North Shore area. Published in 2015 by Trail Ventures BC.
This North Shore trail map will appeal to walking, hiking, mountain biking, and mountaineering enthusiasts. Use this map to find trails to the best walks, hikes, rides, scrambles, lakes, viewpoints, waterfalls, picnic sites and old growth trees on the North Shore!
- The most accurate and detailed North Shore trail map ever produced
- Includes the first trail map of the entire Howe Sound Crest Trail
- This double-sided map shows the main walking, hiking & biking trails on the entire North Shore
- Includes Sea-to-Sky section from Horseshoe Bay to Porteau Cove
- Waterproof & tear resistant – if cared for properly, this map will last for many years
- 1:20,000 scale
- Locator map & access roads shown
- Cypress Provincial Park, Lynn Headwaters Regional Park & Mt. Seymour Provincial Park included
- Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve, Capilano River Regional Park & Lynn Canyon Park included
- Porteau Cove Provincial Park, Nelson Canyon Park & Cypress Falls Park included
- Howe Sound Crest Trail (entire), Trans-Canada Trail & Baden Powell Trail (entire)
- Map area stretches from the Trans-Canada Hwy to Porteau Cove (S to N) and from Horseshoe Bay to Deep Cove (W to E)
Additional Features of North Shore Map:
- Topographic map with elevation colouring and hill shading
- UTM grid (with 1 km gridlines) as well as latitude/longitude grid for easy GPS use
- Contour interval: 20m
- All backroads, tracks, trails, routes and mountaineering routes were GPSed from 2010 to 2015
- Mountain bike trails are shown according to difficulty (green, blue & black)
- This map was prepared with attention to detail. All roads are rated according to road
conditions: paved road, 2WD road, 2WD High Clearance road, and 4WD road. Likewise, trails and routes are rated to help guide users through the map area: track, primary trail, secondary trail, route and mountaineering route. In addition, small side creek and trailside pond positions, not indicated on any other maps, are shown for navigation purposes. Trail Ventures BC’s maps are based on extensive, detailed field surveys conducted on foot
- Locations of parking, campgrounds, backcountry campsites, backcountry shelters, picnic sites, outhouses/restrooms, footbridges, waterfalls, viewpoints, major creek crossings, gates, historic sites, information boards, fish hatcheries and old growth trees are shown
- Map projection/datum: NAD83. UTM gridlines plus gradations on the outside of map frame; and lat/long gradations on inside of map frame
- General information regarding activities are given for all parks, reserves and recreational areas
- Important phone numbers and web sites are listed
2nd Edition Improvements over 1st Edition
Several new hiking and mountain bike trails added. Closed trails and footbridges have been deleted. Trail closure area added. Parking areas updated. Improved park boundary positions. Magnetic north declination and declination change added. Improved display of some symbols. Corrected and added new geographical names. And many other changes for reasons of aesthetics, declutter, accuracy, etc.
THE SECOND EDITION OF THE NORTH SHORE TRAIL MAP CAN BE PURCHASED AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
To order Trail Ventures BC’s North Shore Trail Map – 2nd Edition – click here.
Mountain Equipment Co-op – 130 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC (604-872-7858)
Mountain Equipment Co-op – 212 Brooksbank Ave, North Vancouver, BC (604-990-4417)
Mountain Equipment Co-op – #1-6121 200th Street, Langley, BC (604-534-4570)
Grouse Mountain Resorts – 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver, BC (604-984-0661)
International Travel Maps & Books – 12300 Bridgeport Road, Richmond, BC (604-273-1400)
Valhalla Pure – 805-1200 Hunter Place, Squamish, BC (604-892-9092)
Squamish Adventure Centre – 101-38551 Loggers Lane, Squamish, BC (604-815-5084)
Porteau Cove Provincial Park Gatehouse – Porteau Cove, BC (604-689-9025)
Distance Runwear – 4800 Main St, Vancouver, BC (604-737-6982)
Distance Runwear – 1328 Main St, North Vancouver, BC (604-770-2484)
Escape Route – 113-4350 Lorimer Rd., Whistler, BC (604-938-3228)
Valhalla Pure – 2-1707 Salton Rd., Abbotsford, BC (604-850-5523)
Armchair Books – 4205 Village Square, Whistler, BC (604-932-5557)
Mt Seymour Trading Post – 1700 Mt Seymour Road, North Vancouver, BC (604-986-2261)
Kintec – 975 Marine Drive, North Vancouver, BC (604-980-5633)
Mt. Waddington’s Outdoors – 5643 Vedder Rd., Chilliwack, BC (604-846-1984)
[No retail in 2015: Big Bear Sports “The Cypress Mountain Store” – Cypress Creek Lodge, Cypress Mountain, BC (604-913-6712)]
© Copyright 2015 by Trail Ventures BC Inc.