Buy the Southern Chilcotin Mountains Guidebook and Map and get 10% OFF.
Buy two or three maps and get the Chilliwack West Map for FREE.
CANADA ORDERS ONLY.
CHILLIWACK TRAIL & BACK ROAD MAPS – FEATURES & INFO
area. Published in 2010 by Trail Ventures BC.
These Chilliwack trail & back road maps will appeal to hiking, mountaineering, horseback riding, mountain biking, snowshoeing, fishing, rafting and kayaking enthusiasts. These Chilliwack hiking trails & forest service road (FSR) maps are also useful for out-of-park activities involving dirtbike, quad & 4WD in back road areas such as Vedder Mountain and Chipmunk Creek.
CHILLIWACK WEST Recreational Map – GPS Based
- The first GPS-based Cultus Lake trail map
- The first GPS-based Vedder Mountain trail map
- South Chilliwack road map included
- All western Chilliwack hiking trails
- 1:30,000 map
- Locator map & access information provided
- Covers ~540 sq. km (17.5 km S to N x 31 km W to E)
- Cultus Lake Provincial Park, Cultus Lake trails, Liumchen Ecological Reserve & trails
- Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve & trails, Mt. Thom Park & trails
- Vedder Mountain backroads & Vedder Mountain trails
- Lower Chilliwack River valley, Trans-Canada Trail, Dyke trails, Elk-Thurston Trail
- Access road & Chilliwack forest service road (FSR) map
- Map area stretches from the Canada-USA border to Trans-Canada Hwy (S to N) and from Vedder Mountain to Alison Pool (W to E)
CHILLIWACK EAST Recreational Map – GPS Based
- The first accurate trail & back road map for the Chilliwack area
- All eastern Chilliwack hiking trails
- 1:40,000 map
- Locator map & access information provided
- Covers ~935 sq. km (26 km N to S x 36 km W to E)
- Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park & trails
- Chilliwack River Ecological Reserve & trails
- Cheam Lake, Wetlands Regional Park, Bridal Falls Provincial Park, Upper Chilliwack River valley, Trans-Canada Trail, Cheam Peak Trail
- Post-Greendrop Trail (aka Lindeman Lake Trail & Greendrop Lake Trail), Flora Lake Trail
- Elk-Thurston Trail, Radium Lake Trail, Pierce Creek Trail
- Slesse Memorial Trail, Mt. McGuire Trail, Ford Mountain Trail, Williams Peak Trail, Lucky Four Mine Trail, Williamson Lake Trail & other trails
- Popular mountaineering (scrambling) routes
- First accurate Chilliwack forest service road (FSR) & back road map
- Map area stretches from the Canada-USA border to Jones Lake (S to N) and from Alison Pool to Custer Ridge/Silver Skagit Rd (W to E)
Additional Features of Both Chilliwack Maps:
- Topographic map with elevation colouring and hill shading
- UTM grid as well as latitude/longitude grid for easy GPS use
- Contour interval: 50m
- All Chilliwack roads, tracks, trails, routes and majority of mountaineering routes were GPSed from 2006 to 2009.
- This map was prepared with attention to detail. Chilliwack roads are rated according to road conditions: paved road, 2WD road, 2WD High Clearance road, and 4WD road. Likewise, trails and routes are rated to help guide users through the map area: track, primary trail, secondary trail, route and mountaineering route. This detail will be of particular use in navigation where trail or back road conditions vary significantly over short distances. In addition, small side creek and trailside pond positions, not indicated on any other maps, are shown for navigation purposes. Trail Ventures BC’s maps are based on extensive, detailed field surveys conducted on foot.
- Locations of Chilliwack campgrounds, campsites, footbridges, major creek crossings, bridges out, gates, barricades, boat launches, caves, historic sites, and put-in/take-out sites are shown.
- Trailhead locations are shown and UTM positions are given.
- Map projection/datum: NAD83. UTM gridlines plus gradations on the outside of map frame; and lat/long gradations on inside of map frame.
- Approximate Chilliwack glacier positions are shown where glaciers exist.
- Information about primary Chilliwack access, parks, roads, trails, activities, information sources, amenities, etc. on the back side of each map.
The Chilliwack maps can be purchased at the following locations:
To order Trail Ventures BC’s GPS-based Chilliwack maps – click here.
Mountain Equipment Co-op – 130 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC (604-872-7858)
Mountain Equipment Co-op – #1-6121 200th Street, Langley, BC (604-534-4570)
Mountain Equipment Co-op – 212 Brooksbank Ave, North Vancouver, BC (604-990-4417)
International Travel Maps & Books – 12300 Bridgeport Road, Richmond, BC (604-273-1400)
Tourism Chilliwack Visitor Centre – 44150 Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack, BC (1-800-567-9535)
North Shore Off-Road – 1440 Columbia St., North Vancouver, BC (604-988-7677)
Valhalla Pure – 2-1707 Salton Rd., Abbotsford, BC (604-850-5523)
Hope Visitor Centre – 919 Water Avenue, Hope, BC (1-866-HOPEVIC)
Cultus Lake Provincial Park – Gatehouse
Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park – Office (trailer)
Mt. Waddington’s Outdoors – 5643 Vedder Rd., Chilliwack, BC (604-846-1984)
© Copyright 2009 by Trail Ventures BC Inc.